A Personal Story on the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Posted by in Home Improvement Tips, on April 23, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO_hQf1DClg

Watch the full episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/ask-toh-build-it-cable-lights Ask This Old House plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey shares a personal story on the dangers of carbon monoxide and how an operational CO detector could be the difference between life and death. Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse Time: 20 minutes Cost: $20 and up Skill Level: Easy Steps:
1. Ideally, a carbon monoxide detector should be installed on every level of the home. It’s especially important to place one near combustion appliances like a furnace, water heater, gas stove, or gas fireplace.
2. Ensure batteries are changed twice per year, even on models that are hardwired or plugged in to an outlet.
3. Replace the entire carbon monoxide detector every five years. Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThisOldHouse
Twitter: https://twitter.com/thisoldhouse

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/thisoldhouse/
G+: https://plus.google.com/+thisoldhouse/posts
Instagram: http://instagram.com/thisoldhouse
Tumblr: http://thisoldhouse.tumblr.com/ For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *