Ask Richard: How to Connect Pipe Without SolderingPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on March 7, 2016
Watch the full episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKrf2IBDNAs
Richard Trethewey shows two no-solder ways to make watertight pipe connections. (See below for steps.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Steps for How to Connect Pipe Without Soldering
1. To install a compression fitting, start by placing the hex nut onto the pipe.
2. Next, slide the brass ferrule onto the pipe.
3. Then press the fitting onto the end of the pipe.
4. Push the ferrule and nut up against the fitting.
5. Tighten the nut onto the fitting with two wrenches to create a watertight connection.
6. To install a push-connection fitting, simply push it onto the pipe end until it bottoms out. No tools required.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.