Ask Roger: How to Use a WheelbarrowPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on April 29, 2016
Watch the FULL episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy7wfLAABKg
This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook shows safe, effective ways to use a wheelbarrow. (See below for steps.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Steps for How to Use a Wheelbarrow:
1. Keep the tire fully inflated and it'll roll more easily.
2. Lubricate the wheel bearing with grease. Replace the bearing if it's corroded, seized up, or worn out.
3. Before loading materials into the wheelbarrow, point it in the direction you want to go.
4. Stack the load evenly, with much of the weight over the wheel.
5. When loading materials on a hill, aim the wheelbarrow either straight up the hill or straight down. Don't point it across the hill or it'll tip over.
6. Lift the wheelbarrow with bent knees and straight back and arms.
7. If the load is too heavy to dump, lighten it by shoveling out some of the load.
8. To dump the wheelbarrow, lift up the handles until you can secure a comfortable underhand grip. Then quickly push the handles forward to dump the load.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.