How to Build a Classic Picnic TablePosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on April 12, 2016
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Use cedar boards to make a table and benches fit to host family and friends for years to come. (See below for a shopping list, tools, cut list, and steps.)
Shopping list for How to Build a Classic Picnic Table:
– 2×8 cedar Get five 8-footers.
– 2×6 cedar Get six 8-footers.
– 2×4 cedar Get six 8-footers.
– 16d nails for spacers
– 1 1/4-inch deck screws
– 2 1/2-inch deck screws
– 4-inch deck screws
– polyurethane construction adhesive
Tools for How to Build a Classic Picnic Table:
– measuring tape
– miter saw
– caulk gun
– drill/driver or
– impact driver
– bar clamps
– circular saw
– rafter square
Download the cut-list: http://img2.timeinc.net/toh/static/pdf/cut-list/TOH-Classic-Picnic-Table.pdf
Steps for How to Build a Classic Picnic Table:
1. Attach the cleats for the top.
2. Use the Tabletop as a jig.[
3. Cut the angled feet to lay out the table legs.
4. Mark the half-lap joint.
5. Build the legs.
6. Clean out the cut.
7. Attach the legs.
8. Find the angle to brace the legs.
9. Mark the brace.
10. Attach the brace.
11. Make the seats and legs for the benches.
12. Add the leg braces.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.