How to Choose a Home Weather StationPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on April 18, 2016
Watch the full episode: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/ask-toh/video/0,,,00.html
The Weather Channel’s Jim Cantore explains the importance of a weather station to Ask This Old House host Kevin O’Connor. (See below for a shopping list and steps.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Shopping List for How to Choose a Home Weather Station:
– Home weather station
Steps for How to Choose a Home Weather Station:
1. A home weather station comes with a thermometer to measure the temperature.
2. A barometer measures air pressure. High pressure typically means pleasant conditions. Low pressure translates into stormy conditions.
3. An anemometer measures wind speed and direction.
4. A rain gauge can give rate and amount of rainfall.
5. The device runs on a solar power panel and is able to send information directly to your smartphone using an app.
6. Be sure to place the home weather station in an open area that gets a lot of direct sunlight to get the best readings.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.