How to Choose a USB OutletPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on February 23, 2016
Watch the full episode: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/ask-toh/video/0,,20988109,00.html
Ask This Old House master electrician Scott Caron walks through the best options when it comes to USB wall outlets in your home. (See below for a shopping list, tools, and steps.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Shopping List for How to Choose a USB Outlet:
– USB charging-port outlet
Tools for How to Choose a USB Outlet:
– Wire cutters
– Wire nuts
Steps for How to Choose a USB Outlet:
1. Scott shows off a number of options for wall outlets in your home. The first comes with two USB ports and a standard outlet option.
2. The second offers two standard outlet options along with two USB ports positioned in the center of the outlet.
3. The third option offers four USB ports in a single electrical outlet without any standard outlet.
4. Scott installed a four-port USB hub with AC adapter inside a drawer with an extension arm.
5. As another option, instead of replacing the entire outlet, Scott also shows off a cover adapter. The cover goes over an existing outlet, locking in using brass hooks that latch onto the box screws. The cover offers a USB port on the side and allows users to keep the existing two electrical outlets.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.