How to Edge a Garden Bed With Brick – This Old HousePosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on June 11, 2016
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Use clay pavers to form a tidy border to separate your lawn from plantings. (See below for a shopping list and tools.)
How to Edge a Garden Bed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWXVkWvAHDs&list=PLkJADc1qDrr_0NxtmzECiOWkr5de82kXV&index=15
How to Plant a Raised Garden Bed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzuuavHTq6c&list=PLkJADc1qDrr_0NxtmzECiOWkr5de82kXV&index=379
How to Repair a Brick Walkway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elSao6Qc_94&list=PLkJADc1qDrr_0NxtmzECiOWkr5de82kXV&index=135
Shopping List for How to Edge a Garden Bed With Brick:
– Clay pavers (severe-weather-rated bricks) Get enough to line your bed, plus 10 percent.
– Paver base Get enough to build a 2- to 3-inch base. (A standard 0.5-cubic-foot bag covers 6 square feet at a 1-inch depth.)
– Stone dust Get enough to lay a 1-inch layer. (A standard 0.5-cubic-foot bag covers 6 square feet at a 1-inch depth.)
– Type 1 portland cement Get a 94-pound bag.
– Polymeric sand A 40-pound tub just covered our edging.
Tools for How to Edge a Garden Bed With Brick:
– masking tape to mark the rope
– measuring tape
– masonry pencil
– circular saw with a segmented diamond blade
– water bottle
– rubber mallet
– masonry brush or paintbrush
– garden hose with nozzle
Follow This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.