How to Install a Touchless Kitchen FaucetPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on April 26, 2016
Watch the FULL episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZXj9uUxzA
Plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey helps a homeowner install a new, no-touch kitchen faucet. (See below for a shopping list, tools, and steps.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Shopping List for How to Install a Touchless Kitchen Faucet:
– Touchless kitchen faucet
– Small bucket, used to collect water
Tools List for How to Install a Touchless Kitchen Faucet:
– Basin wrench, for disconnecting water-supply lines from sink
– Cordless drill
Steps for How to Install a Touchless Kitchen Faucet:
1. Close the hot- and cold-water shutoff valves underneath the sink.[
2. Use a basin wrench to disconnect both water-supply lines from the underside of the sink.
3. Twist off the hand sprayer from the spray hose, then pry off the retainer clip with a narrow screwdriver or a pocketknife.
4. Pull the sprayer base off of the spray hose, then push the hose down through the sink deck and into the cabinet below.
5. Drain the water from the spray hose into a bucket.
6. Pull out and discard the old faucet.
7. Place the new faucet's mounting plate and gasket onto the sink deck.
8. Set the faucet in place by feeding its hoses and data cable down through the hole in the mounting plate.
9. From below, slide the ends of the hoses and cable through the support bar and mounting washer.
10. Thread on the hex nut and tighten with the supplied wrench to lock the faucet to the sink.
11. Feed the soap dispenser through the old hand-sprayer hole in the sink deck, then tighten the mounting nut from below.
12. Push the retractable spray hose into the gooseneck faucet and down into the cabinet.
13. Fasten the battery-powered control box to the inside of the cabinet with two screws.
14. Plug the water-supply lines, power line, and data cable into the push-to-connect fittings along the top and bottom of the control box.
15. Install the control-box battery, then adjust the water-temperature setting.
16. Snap the counterbalance weight onto the hose that's connected to the retractable faucet spray head.
17. Open the shutoff valves, then test the faucet.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.