How to Install an Electronic Dead BoltPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on February 8, 2016
Watch the full episode: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/ask-toh/video/0,,,00.html
Ask This Old House host Kevin O’Connor shows a homeowner how to install a Bluetooth-enabled smart-lock dead bolt for his front door. (See below for a shopping list, tools, and steps.)
Check the TV schedule in your area: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/info/0,,20613015,00.html
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Smart dead bolt
1. Unscrew current dead-bolt plate using a screwdriver.
2. Remove the plate.
3. Unscrew back plate of the dead bolt using a screwdriver.
4. Match back plates from the kit to the current back plate.
5. Using the new back plate, insert screws into the dead-bolt mechanism and secure it using a screwdriver.
6. Match the adapter piece from the kit to correspond with the current lock, insert it into the smart lock.
7. Install the smart lock onto the back plate and clamp it down.
8. Download the corresponding app to your smartphone.
9. Add the lock to your smartphone.
10. Follow the calibration steps on your smartphone.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.