How to Install an Outdoor TelevisionPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on February 8, 2016
Watch the full episode: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/ask-toh/video/0,,,00.html
Ask This Old House master electrician Scott Caron installs a weatherproof television to complete a homeowner’s patio. (See below for a shopping list, tools, and steps.)
Check the TV Schedule in Your Area: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/info/0,,20613015,00.html
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Outdoor-rated television bracket
Hammer drill (if applicable)
Steps: (Depending on where homeowner chooses to mount the television, steps may vary)
1. Use a level to make sure the bracket is level, and then make your marks for drilling.
2. Drill holes for the mounting bracket.
3. Pound plastic anchors into drilled-out holes using a hammer.
4. Mount the bracket by using lag bolts and an open-end wrench to secure the bolts.
5. Depending on your current setup, you may have to run HDMI cable from indoor components.
6. Insert and secure the housing for the HDMI cable using screws and a driver.
7. Clip the provided bracket clips onto the television.
8. Hook the television bracket clip onto the mounted wall bracket and secure with the nut and bolt. Tighten with a wrench.
9. If applicable, you can use an IR repeater to obtain signal from your indoor television setup. The IR repeater is placed on top of the outdoor HDMI cable. Plug it into the HDMI port. Then, mount the repeater somewhere on television.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.