How to Install Ultra-Thin Exterior LightingPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on January 31, 2017
Watch the full episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/ask-toh-heating-hand-saw-led Scott installs ultra-thin, LED lights on a garage to replace a broken flood light. Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse Time: 2-3 hours Cost: $120-150 Tools:
Wire nuts Shopping List:
14-2, NM electrical wire
Astronomic Timer Switch Steps:
1. Before doing any electrical work, ensure power is turned off at the breaker. Confirm the power is off using an electric tester.
2. Remove the current light fixture and disconnect the wires.
3. Measure and mark where each new light fixture will go, maintaining even spacing.
4. Use a hole saw to drill openings for the new lights.
5. Fish 14-2 electrical wire from the main power source to one fixture. Fish wire to any additional fixtures
6. Make the electrical connections to each junction box and tie the wires together using wire nuts.
7. Clip each LED light into its hole.
8. Replace the existing light switch with an astronomic timer switch that will automatically turn the lights on at dusk.
9. Restore power at the breaker and test the lights and switch. Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThisOldHouse
Tweets by AskTOH
Tumblr: http://thisoldhouse.tumblr.com/ For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.