How to Quickly Prime and Paint WindowsPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on May 16, 2017
Watch the full episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/ask-toh-primer-pipes-heat Ask This Old House host Kevin O’Connor works with painter Mauro Henrique to demonstrate a masking primer that leaves clean lines on a window. Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse Time: 4-5 hours Cost: $20 Skill Level: Beginner Tools List:
Razor Knife Shopping List:
1. Use a paint brush to apply two coats of masking liquid onto the panes of the glass, allowing 30 minutes between coats. It’s okay if the masking liquid overlaps some of the wood frame of the window as it will also act as a spot primer.
2. After two coats of masking liquid have been applied, allow the window to dry for four hours before applying a top coat.
3. Use a paint brush to apply a top coat to the wood parts of the window sash. The paint can be applied right to the cured masking liquid.
4. After two top coats have been applied and dried, use a razor knife to cut a clean line between the window glass and the wood.
5. Peel the masking liquid off the glass. Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThisOldHouse
Tweets by AskTOH
Tumblr: http://thisoldhouse.tumblr.com/ For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.