How to Revitalize a LawnPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on February 11, 2018
Watch the full episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/ask-toh-lawn-care-futuristic-workshop Ask This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook tends to a lawn that was seeded in the summer and is not doing well. Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse Cost: $50 Skill Level: Moderate Tools List for Revitalizing a Lawn:
Water hose Shopping List:
Starter Lawn Fertilizer
Grass seed Steps:
1. Aerate the lawn using a core aerator. Make passes up and down the lawn and then do perpendicular passes.
2. Sprinkle roughly ½” of compost on top of the lawn. Use the back of the rake to work the compost down into the holes made by the aerator.
3. Put the fertilizer in the spreader and apply it to the lawn.
4. Put grass seed in the spreader and apply it to the lawn. Use the back of the rake to work it in.
5. Give everything a good watering. Resources:
Roger used a core aerator to add small holes to the lawn. It can be rented at tool rental houses and home centers. Roger then applied compost, which is available at home centers and garden centers. Roger applied Turf Builder Starter Food for New Grass, which is a fertilizer high in phosphorous to promote root growth. He then spread Turf Builder Grass Seed Sun and Shade Mix, which is coated to help lock in moisture. Both of these are manufactured by Scotts (https://www.scotts.com/en-us). All the other tools for this project, including a broadcast spreader and lawn rake are available at home centers and nurseries. Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThisOldHouse
Tweets by AskTOH
Tumblr: http://thisoldhouse.tumblr.com/ For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.