What bits for Makita Impact DriversPosted by plumbingpros in Home Improvement Tips, on July 1, 2015
Impact Drivers are very cool tools. They are perfect for driving screws, a lot of screws. You can also use them for driving lag bolts, tightening or loosening nuts and other jobs around the house.
Makita was gracious enough to send us an Impact Driver along with their new Impact Gold bit sets to try. One of the issues with impact drivers has been the availability of good bits. In the early days of impact drivers we ran the risk of breaking bits and ruining sockets. Now we have bits and sockets that are made for Makita Impact Driver and will last much longer. Another nice feature of the Impact Gold bits is the included magnetic bit holder. It makes working in tight spaces or odd angles easy.
Make sure you watch the video for more of our impressions.
Details from Makita
Makita Industrial Power Tools, the innovation leader, is teaming up with the world’s largest home improvement retailer. Impact GOLD™ is the latest in a long line of industry leading technology Makita brings to over 2,000 The Home Depot stores.
- Makita Impact GOLD™is new innovation in fastening with a full line of insert bits, bit holders, nutsetters, socket adapters and more.
- Impact GOLD™ is designed for use with high-torque impact drivers, with high-quality steal engineered for longer life, and a precision-fit tip engineered to prevent “cam-out” and stripping.
- The Impact GOLD™ Ultra-Magnetic Insert Bit Holder and bits feature Xtreme Torsion Technology, which allows the torsion section of the bit and bit holder to flex under load and take pressure off of the bit tip for increased durability in high torque applications.
- The two-piece design of the Ultra-Magnetic Insert Bit Holder is engineered to allow the torsion technology to fully activate. The rare earth Neodymium magnet is two-times stronger than magnets in standard insert bit holders, so users get the added convenience of onehanded fastening.
- The 3/8 in. square drive socket adapter tilts up to 15 degrees for work in tight spaces, or can be used in the straight position. Also available in 1/2 in. square drive.
- The exclusive snap-ring on Impact GOLD™ Grip-It Nutsetters is non-magnetic and provides the holding power of standard magnetic nutsetters without the drawback of metal debris build-up.
For more stories like this from Bay Area Plumbing Headquarters, bookmark our site.